Monday, May 15, 2006

Month 1: Full Moon Rising

I was on my computer at work, watching a japanese video clip. I said something like "These Japanese are really weird" or something. Then suddenly the audio of something that was between a moan, a whimper and a wheeze came on. Something that went like "hmpf hmpf hmpf ..." and my first thought was of course, that a sex scene was gonna come up or something. I got embarassed , coz the people around me was starting to snicker.
So I tried closing the window. The noise didnt stop. "hmpf hmpf hmpf" it kept going.
I fiddled with the audio controls, clicked on mute.
"hmpf hmpf hmpf"
I pressed the 'reduce volume' button on my monitor.
But the noise won't go away.. "hmpf hmpf hmpf"
And there's also an irritating tug at one of my nipples.
I woke up and remembered that I was breastfeeding Izani.

I started noticing these noises Izani makes while feeding, whether au naturel or via the bottle, when we brought him home for the first time. I didn't hear it when I fed him before, so I thought maybe it's something he developed when he was put under the light therapy to treat his jaundice. I figured it would go away sooner or later.
But it has not gone away. And since he doesnt make the wheezing sound at other times (which would have indicated phlegm in his lung or something), we arent too worried about it. Somehow we've accepted it as his trademark.
Sometimes he makes these tiny whimpering noises while he's sleeping as well.. and it's so cute!


cute little butter ball

His cradle cap are starting to come off. But it's not like crusty or anything.. it's sorta like flaky, almost like dandruff. That's good coz I can't stand seeing my babies get a crusty scalp.. i just wanna scratch it!! and we're not supposed to do that.. so it requires a lot of restraint on my part. So his coming off like dandruff is a huge relief for me.

We're not gonna see the paeditricion yet, afterall. Coz he actually does not have any vaccinations due in the first month. So I don't know how much weight he has gained, since I don't have a weighing scale. I'm trying to see if I can weigh him in other ways.. maybe bring him to the supermarket's fruit section.. heh heh. Just kidding.
But I think you can tell that he has gained quite a bit of weight.
I have decided to call him "My little sumo wrestler", as a tribute to AfdlinShauki and all the proud-to-be-boyot people I know.. tee hee.


My Little Sumo Wrestler

HAPPY ONE MONTH BIRTHDAY, IZANI!!

No comments: