Saturday, May 6, 2006

Week 3 : Izani and Ayah

Izani is starting to be more alert nowadays. He is awake more often than not (which explains why you don't see me blogging as much as I used to). When he's awake and not hungry (read: not crying), he will be looking around taking in the environment. I think he still can't focus his eyesight properly yet, but he'll follow your hand if you move it around in front of his face.
He is still alternating between breastfeeding and bottle feeding. When it's the bottle's turn, his Ayah ( "are-yah", father) would volunteer to feed and burp him. It's fun to watch them together.. somehow watching a grown man do baby talk turns me on.. ha ha.


Taufik has always been very hands-on with his kids. He has no qualms about taking care of our babies, except when it comes to bathing them when they're still new, and when it comes to changing diapers. If I'm not around, he'd change the diapers of course, but if I'm around, I'm on poop patrol.
But he would gladly bathe them and toilet train them when they're old enough and feed them. In fact, I can't remember with who, there was a period when I was so busy with work (like I would get calls in the middle of the night and had to log on to work), and he was the one who would wake up, make milk and feed the baby for me.
He is also very concerned about the baby's appearances as well. If he doesnt like an outfit, he'd be the one who'd ask it be changed. Izani had developed red splotches on his face this past week. I think it's probably due to the barrage of smooches and cheek pinching that he gets from his elder siblings (especially Anis), or maybe due to the detergent or softener on our clothes or something (His clothes are washed with special baby detergent). Taufik tried everything on Izani's face to make the splotches go away. He tried baby oil, then washing it with just water without soap, then just baby lotion, lastly we tried putting on drap0lene (lotion for diaper rash). It's been working so far, alhamdulillah, and Taufik makes sure that Izani's face gets its daily does of Drap0lene.

I think Izani has gained a bit of weight, but I wouldnt know how much till we bring him to see the paediatrician for his first month's visit. His newborn clothes are getting a bit tighter and he has now got a double chin. He still can't fit into most of the clothes that he currently has, though. So if you don't see him in the outfit you bought for him, rest assured that it's not that he doesnt like it, it's just that he can't fit into them yet. I am now making him wear all of the clothes that he can fit into first so that I dont feel so bad when he can't wear them coz he can't fit into them anymore.
Hm.. maybe I should take more pictures of him in all the different outfits so that those of you who gave him that outfit can see how he looks in them.
(as if I don't take enough pictures of the baby!).
Till next week.. !

No comments: