Monday, June 19, 2006

Day 65 : doctor's visit

We went to see the paediatrician yesterday evening.
Izani got weighed and measured.
Then he got 2 vaccination injections: one on each thigh.
He was quiet throughout the check-up except for when he was injected. He screamed and cried and his face instantly grew red and the creases in between his eyebrows were almost green (like as if he was going to turn into incredible hulk), but as soon as the nurse and doctor rubbed alcohol on the sore spots, he calmed down completely. Alhamdulillah. He got rewarded with a kiss and a "good boy!" from me :), and he returned it with a coo and a happy shriek that made even the doctor laugh.

The doctor asked me why I needed to give Izani formula milk and why I couldnt fully breastfeed. I was flustered to give an answer. But she was nice actually.. she said don't feel bad about what I'm doing, she just believes in me that I can fully breastfeed my baby. Such a tactful and nice doctor.


Izani Mohamed Taufik, 18 June 2006
weight: 6.37kg, length: 57.5cm

No comments: