Saturday, June 24, 2006

Week 10 : Pooping and Drinking Patterns

Izani only poops once a day now.
He used to poop 2 or 3 times a day during the first few weeks, but lately it has been only once a day.
Last week I have been trying to fully breastfeed him (which I will write about later), so for a few days he didnt even poop at all. I didnt panic, coz I knew that was quite normal for breastfed babies, since the mommy's milk gets absorbed quite completely by the body.
He usually poops towards the evening, and most usually while we're having dinner. He'd be sitting there almost quietly, in his carseat by the dinner table while we eat, and we'd hear him grunt a few times, which is an indication that he had pooped.
It'll be just nice, coz right after dinner, I would pick him up and give him is evening bath.
I think because he poops only once a day, he poops quite a pile.
There are no tiny packages from this boy. His diapers would be so full, sometimes if you're not careful, it'd be overflowing! *eyewwwww*. I'd be carrying him around at an arm's length when I see that this is the case.
Anis would be the one who is most curious when I'm cleaning up Izani after he has done his business. She'd be hovering around the changing table, confirming for several times whether he had really pooped. She'd insist at looking at the poop, but when she does, she would go "eeeyyeeeewwww!!!! He berak!!" (berak=pooped) and then would go around the house announcing loudly to everybody that her baby brother had pooped.


"eeeyeeewwww" pun, cium jugakkk....

I have been trying to fully breastfeed Izani for the past week (because I was kinda challenged by the paeditrician's comment), but it's so tiring...
He seems to want it every hour.
He'd breastfeed on one side, then fall asleep. No amount of massaging his feet or his ears or taking off his clothes would wake him up to make him take the other side. So i would put him down on the bed and go do something else, but less than half an hour later, he'd wake up for more. I'd give him the other side, and the same thing would happen again..
In the afternoon when I have to prepare dinner, I had to resort to breastfeeding him in the kitchen.
By the end of the day, Izani would get so cranky and seems so hungry that Taufik would give him the bottle.
It would get better, right?
I am really trying my best...



awake, asleep, awake, asleep ... all in a day's work

No comments: