Saturday, June 10, 2006

Week 8 : Sibling Smooches

Since Izani can see now, he is interacting more with his siblings.
It's not unusual for me to hear squeals of "He's looking at me!" and "No, he's looking at me!" whenever the other kids are around Izani and he is awake.
They dote over Izani of course. When he's awake, they'd crowd around him, jostling each other to get the 'prime spot', which is right in front of the baby's face.
The first thing the boys do when they come home is ask "Where's the baby?" and they'd go and peer at the baby and kiss him until I shoo them away and ask them to change out of their school uniform.
Anis, of course, is the one who spends the most time with baby Izani. Sometimes when I come back from leaving them sleeping on the bed together, I'd find Anis had moved and was now sleeping while hugging the baby.
Izani don't always like it though. Sometimes he'd wiggle about and make complaining noises. I guess he feels stuffy with so many people hugging and kissing and crowding around him. But sometimes I find him making cooing noises as if he's trying to say something, and this would delight his siblings so much, they'd be giggling giggling giggling all around him.



Ilham has learnt how to carry him and I let him do it over short distances, but not on the stairs. He also agrees that the baby has become heavier.
Everyone wants to take turns feeding him the bottle. I usually make them sit up in bed or at the sofa, then prop Izani on their laps. After the feed, they'd ask me to put Izani over their shoulders so that they can pat the baby's back and burp him, just like they see me doing. Sometimes they'll get rewarded with a huge burp from the baby, but sometimes it's some puke over their shoulders. They would then usually scream for me, but they will laugh it off and go change their clothes.
The other day Ilham was kissing Izani on the lips when Izani decided to puke out some of his milk... heh heh . Ilham had to go wash his face and gargle after that.

I am enjoying the sibling smooches while it lasts. Coz once Izani is big enough, I'm sure they'll be squabbling over toys instead.

No comments: