Saturday, June 17, 2006

Week 9 : panic and playful

For the past few days Izani has been acting really weird during bath-time, especially in the evenings.
He'd usually be okay when I put him on the changing mat, but as soon as I take his socks, mittens and clothes off, his hands would suddenly jerk upwards and he'd get all panicky. He'd clenched his fist so tight, wave his arms about and he'd scream his lungs out.
I would try to calm him down by calling his name and patting his chest to comfort him, but it doesnt work all the time. Sometimes his screams would continue till I finish bathing him, sometimes it would end as soon as he touches water.
Sometimes he'd continue screaming even after I've finished bathing him.
The first 2 times this happened, I had to breastfeed him in his diapers for a while, to calm him down enough to dress him.
I'm not sure what's wrong.. is he cold? (I'll switch off the AC next time), or did I undress him too quickly ? (I try to shorten his naked time as much as possible to avoid any 'accidents', so maybe he's shocked by the sudden nakedness?)
I don't remember if this has happened to my other kids .. but then again, my other kids were cranky at other times.
I talk to him while I bathe him, tell him how nice the water is, how sweet the soap smells, how nice and clean his skin would be, how fresh he feels afterwards.. he seemed to enjoy it before, but these past few days I don't know what happened.

At other times though, he's quite a happy, playful kid.


sharing a joke with his Ayah and Ihsan

Even a man can't resist those chubby cheeks!

the two month chunky hunky dory

So I guess I shouldnt be complaining about 5 minutes of crankiness...

No comments: